Watcombe Primary School is very much a community school at the heart of a local neighbourhood, and we provide a haven in which our children feel safe, valued and happy. Each child at Watcombe Primary is special and we do our utmost to ensure that each pupil is given every opportunity to learn and succeed.
The governors of Watcombe Primary wish to appoint an excellent and inspiring Class Teacher for the summer term 2023. The post is to cover an additional need in KS2-Y3 running from April 2023 to July 2023. This post would suit NQTs and teachers on the main pay scale.
We are looking for someone who is:
• An excellent practitioner in the primary classroom
• Is able to contribute to raising standards and evidencing impact
• Inspires a love of learning
• Has high expectations for themselves and all pupils
• Demonstrates excellent behaviour management skills
• Can contribute to the wider life of our school community
• Great interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt
• Can create an environment in which our children feel especially safe, valued and happy
In return we can offer:
• A committed and friendly team aiming for excellence
• A commitment to high quality professional development
• Supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team & Local Governing Body
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such, shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview.
To apply and view our recruitment pack please visit https://www.watcombe-primary.torbay.sch.uk/vacancies/
All completed application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: 9th February 2023.