Required to cover maternity leave from 31 October 2022 until 31 July 2023 (or the return of the post holder, whichever is earliest).
Our school provides a stimulating, wide-ranging education which challenges all children to achieve, both academically and socially, whilst feeling happy and secure.
We are seeking a teacher to join our hard-working teaching team. You will be passionate about teaching and working with children with a creative and reflective approach to teaching, committed to doing your best for every pupil in your care, both in terms of academic potential and emotional well-being. You will want to support and contribute to the wider life of the school and will be keen to lead a subject and ensure it is championed with fellow staff. The post is open to both experienced teachers and those at the beginning of their career.
• Plan outstanding lessons that meet the needs of all pupils whilst developing a high-quality programme of study that includes accurate target setting;
• Monitor and report on the progress of pupils and take appropriate action to ensure all pupils achieve their potential through exceptional methods of feedback;
• Meet the needs of learners from key identified groups, including pupil premium, looked after children, SEND and High Attaining students;
• Recognise, value and support the delivery of opportunities which extend beyond the confines of classroom delivery and seek to enrich and add value to the pupils’ experience and learning;
• Be empowered to develop your own expert practice and support the development of others;
• Be a team player with a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Have the ability to use your own initiative as well as take direction;
• Have a commitment to support the wider school community.
We can offer you:
• Supportive colleagues and Governing Body;
• Enthusiastic children;
• Opportunities for professional development;
• A friendly and welcoming school and wider school community;
• Beautiful school grounds with woodlands, wildlife areas and gardens.
Our locality has the best of both worlds, the wonderful South Devon countryside including Dartmoor on our doorstep and the South Devon coast, just a stone’s throw away. We offer the support of an experienced and talented team as well as delightful children who are a joy to work with.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the School Office on 01626 335595 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
An application form is available from www.canadahill.devon.sch.uk.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 5 October 2022