Sidmouth College, recently judged in May 2022 by OFSTED to be a 'Good' school, is seeking to appoint an experienced, skilled, enthusiastic, flexible and motivated individual as our Isolation Room Co-ordinator for three days per week starting in September 2022.
You will have high expectations of all students and you will also be expected to build good relationships with children, their parents, teachers and other professionals. You will be able to use your own initiative, have good communication skills, be professional and have a high standard of education.
You will work under the instruction/guidance of the Vice Principal to deliver learning by:
• Leading and managing the internal exclusion system in the college and administrate and supervise the college Isolation Room;
• Managing the detention system;
• Co-ordinating and delivering interventions, behaviour management strategies and facilitate the restorative process;
• Providing pastoral and behaviour support;
• Investigating behaviours exhibited by students and resolve conflict through restorative approaches in liaison with colleagues e.g. Heads of House;
• Liaising with colleagues to aid effective communication;
• Promoting inclusion and raise attainment of students to achieve their full potential and to promote the safeguarding and wellbeing of students.
Please see the job information pack for more information about this exciting post.
Working hours are 8.50am to 3.20pm with 45 minutes for lunch, three days per week, including inset days.
In your application, please include within your supporting statement why you believe you are the person to fulfil this role and how you would go about doing so.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Further details are available from www.sidmouthcollege.devon.sch.uk (follow the link for vacancies) or on TES.
Interview Date: w/c 4 July 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£8,090 per annum (actual salary)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
17.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required