The Heart of the South West Trading Standards Service have an exciting opportunity for an Intelligence and Performance Team Manager to join our Management Team.
Package: Market supplement of £3,000 pro-rata for those with full DCATS/DTS or equivalent qualifications Relocation expenses of up to £5000 may be available.
The Service is jointly commissioned by Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay Local Authorities and is one of the largest Trading Standards Services in the Country. We cover 2 coastlines, Dartmoor & Exmoor National Parks and multiple areas of outstanding natural beauty. The cathedral city of Exeter, historic port of Plymouth, County town of Taunton and the ‘English Riviera’ in Torbay are all within the Service area.
The Service undertakes a broad range of regulatory and business support activities essential to economic growth, public safety and protecting consumers. We strive for innovation in our approach to regulation and Service delivery, providing excellent customer service and a great place to work.
As an intelligence-led Service, we are dedicated to supporting businesses and disrupting and prosecuting serious criminality across all areas of trading standards legislation. Where appropriate, we take action under the Proceeds of Crime Act to recover assets made from criminal activity.
As a new post, the Intelligence and Performance Team Manager will have day to day line management for the Intelligence Team, Allocations Unit, and our Business Analyst as well as any other Trading Standards or Technical Officers assigned to the Team.
As well as supervising, motivating and developing these staff the role includes the following aspects;
- Assist in, and act as strategic lead for the facilitation of service planning meetings, construction of service plans, policy development and performance monitoring.
- Take responsibility for overseeing the annual completion of the Services strategic assessment, operational plans, control strategy and end of year reports from conception to publication
- Oversee the production of and utilisation of data for stakeholder reports
- Ensure the provision of appropriate statistical information is made in response to legitimate requests for information or Service needs
- Work with both internal and external business partners to ensure that the Services’ databases and reporting tools remain fit for purpose and that delivery contracts are met.
- Be responsive to technical development needs and project manage the implementation of these with support from other Managers.
- Overseeing the production of audit reports on individual and team targets to ensure service and business plan targets are met
- Maintain strategic oversight of quality assurance policy development and auditing, providing additional training and support for staff as required.
There is an expectation that you have the ability and/or experience to work at a management/supervisory level. You must be able to analyse complex information quickly and accurately to identify core issues and promote positive outcomes. As well as being competent with using Microsoft Office applications including data reporting tools it is desirable that you are proficient in the use of Power BI or are committed to the development of the relevant competencies as a priority.
Knowledge and experience of trading standards, law enforcement and/or use of intelligence is desirable but not essential. As a Service we are committed to ongoing Officer training and development and you will be able to benefit from this support.
The Heart of the South West Trading Standards Service is able to offer flexible/hybrid working to meet service need and the role can be performed within agreed flexible hours, with a combination of home and office working.
The Service has offices in Plymouth, Torbay, Kingsteignton, Exeter, Barnstaple, Somerset and Chelston. There is an expectation that you would be available to attend some meetings and events in person, and as we cover a large geographical area some travel is to be expected.
Interviews week beginning 12 September 2022
For an informal discussion please call Sharon Anderson 07890548889 or Alex Fry 07866 073125
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterNorth DevonPlymouthSomersetTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementLegal/Trading Standards
- Salary Details
£38,553 - £42,614 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required