Are you passionate about helping people facing homelessness?
Can you work in a fast-paced environment?
The demand for the Housing Options Service is increasing and we think it will continue to do so for some time to come. An increasing number of people are finding themselves at risk of homelessness, often through no fault of their own.
The housing market and lack of affordable options are making it increasingly challenging to help people find the homes they need. We recognise the need to develop our service in response to increased demand and are committed to developing creative and innovative ways to prevent and relieve homelessness.
Determined to change the culture of our response to homelessness in Torbay, we aim to shift from a reactive offer of help when people are in crisis to one of proactive prevention activity that empowers and enables our clients and the people working with them to find resolutions to the situations they face.
We are investing in additional resources to ensure deliverability of our aims and we have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Initial Advice Officer.
We are seeking people who have either a proven track record of working within a challenging frontline housing service or people with transferable skills, particularly in customers service settings. Based in the Housing Options Team, they will be an initial point of contact for those at risk of imminent homelessness. The key aim of the role is to prevent and relieve homelessness by advising clients of their tenancy rights, negotiation with landlords and agents, as well as brokering alternative arrangements.
What we are looking for:
• Excellent communicators who will give clear and concise advice to customers and landlords;
• Good listeners who will be empathetic when helping customers facing challenging personal circumstances;
• Team players with good attitudes who can adhere to Torbay Council’s core values and behaviours;
• People with great case management skills who have an eye for detail and who can prioritise their work in a demanding environment;
• Natural problem solvers who can think creatively to offer resolutions.
If you would like to be a part of our journey to change the culture of our service, then we want to hear from you.
In return, you can expect amazing benefits including a pension scheme, annual increments subject to performance reviews, employee discount scheme, parking permit allowing parking in Council car parks for £1 per day, flexible hybrid working, generous annual leave and continual professional development.
In your response, you must refer to the person specification and give examples of how you meet the essential criteria - you will be shortlisted according to this criteria.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lianne Hancock on 01803 208724.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHousing & PlanningAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportOther
- Salary Details
Grade F SCP 12-17 £24,496 - £26,845
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required