About the Role
Our Information and Advice service aims to enable older people to make informed decisions in order to support their independence and make more of later life.
As an Information and Advice Advisor, you will be the first point of contact for clients, their carers, relatives and professionals. You will be providing clear and accurate information on a variety of issues including health and social care, welfare benefits and local services. The role also involves conducting telephone welfare benefit entitlement checks, completing benefit forms e.g. Attendance Allowance and assisting the Advice and Wellbeing Manager with supporting our Information and Advice volunteers and allocating home visits.
• A friendly, supportive and dedicated staff team;
• Opportunities to maintain your professional development through a combination of formal and informal learning methods;
• 20 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays with 1 extra day for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 24 days holiday plus bank holidays;
• An Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme is in place with a 3% contribution from the employer, provided it is matched by a 5% contribution from the employee;
• Hybrid and Flexible Working.
Interview Date: 8 December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
1 Manaton Court, Matford Business Park, Exeter, Devon EX2 8PF (hybrid working policy in practise)
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£21,000 - £24,500 (depending on skills and experience)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required