We are looking to recruit two Independent Safeguarding & Reviewing Officers roles across Devon, within the Child Protection Conferencing Team.
We have two vacancies available:
- 1 x based in Mid & East Devon
- 1 x based in North Devon
We welcome discussion around work location and remote working with successful candidates, but you must be able to travel to chair conferences in the areas identified, as we return to face-to-face conferencing.
About the role
As a chair of child protection conferences you are at the forefront of setting an environment where children and families feel part of the process as opposed to feeling ’done to’. We are constantly striving to ensure that all children who are subject to child protection planning have effective plans that ensure their safety and permanency in a timely way.
Within the Quality Assurance, Reviewing and Safeguarding Service (QARSS) we work hard to ensure that children, their families and partners contribute to the planning through their participation in child centred conferences. We ensure that we provide a consistent approach to conferencing as well as undertaking quality assurance throughout the whole child protection planning process.
You will be an excellent, experienced and confident qualified social work practitioner, with previous management or quality assurance experience, with good communication skills who is wanting to join a team of like-minded practitioners who are working together to improve service provision. You will have supervised social workers and understand the demands of operational teams and are wanting to join a team who together have a positive impact on children, their families and those who work with them provide leadership through support and challenge.
What we can offer you
In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer an attractive package of benefits including:
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities through our Social Work Academy with dedicated support from our Restorative Practice Leads, as well as Research in Practice membership and full access to Devon Children and Families Safeguarding training programme.
- Dedicated support with regular supervision from line management so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis. Group supervisions are also offered, allowing you to learn from your colleagues and grow the strength of your social work practice together.
- 25 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 30 days with 5 years’ continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Access to our confidential Devon Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme to support you to balance the demands of everyday life – available 24/7.
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexi-time and a degree of remote working (subject to the needs of the role - please discuss at interview).
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Links to staff networks and forums such as our LGBTQ+, BAME and Staff Diversity support networks.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Devon Discounts Scheme which offers a variety of great savings.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Gary Sanders on 01392 383000.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£38,553-£42,614 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 Per Week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required