Independent Domestic Violence Advisor - FearLess
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £22,247 - £25,280 pro rata, per annum
We are looking for an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor for 22.5 hours a week based at our Exeter office. This post will be to cover South Devon. You will be part of an experienced team providing high quality advice, guidance and support to victims of domestic violence and/or abuse, enabling them to live safely.
You will be expected to provide a timely, pro-active service to male and female victims of domestic violence and abuse (assessed as being at high and medium risk of domestic abuse), working within a multi-agency setting to ensure risk is reduced.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Experience of working with victims of domestic abuse or other vulnerable people in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding.
- An understanding of confidentiality principles.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues and its impact on all those involved.
- Proven experience and qualifications in support work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A full job description and person specification is available on our website Vacancies Archive - FearLess (fear-less.org.uk).
Vetting - You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. You will also undergo a police check.