Inclusion Officer (Ref 4857)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- £35,411 - £39,493 per annum
An exciting opportunity has opened up to work at Devon County Council within the Education Inclusion Team.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic Inclusion Officer to join the small team supporting schools to manage pupils who are at risk of exclusion from school. Ideally, you will come from a background in education, social care or health with experience of working with families and young people who are distressed and struggling with the education system, working at early help level to support schools to avoid suspending pupils and when pupils are permanently excluded, to ensure that full time education is in place and they reintegrate swiftly to a new setting.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Child and family focused
- Professional curious but Solution focused
- Experienced in working with distressed children, young people and their families
- Have a degree in teaching, social work or a health related field; OT, nursing etc
- Strong knowledge of Special Education Needs law and practice.
- Good knowledge of minority groups and support and advice that can be offered to ensure that they thrive in Devon Schools and settings.
37 hours or 5 days and term time/pro-rata plus flexible daily working.
This role requires you to have a full UK driving licence.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
If you are interested in finding out more about these exciting jobs working for Devon County Council, please contact Marc Kastner's PA on: 01392 383858
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.