Responsible to: SENDCo
The salary is pending a further pay award that has been offered for union consultation at an additional £1,925 (pro rata for term time).
• To assist in managing the services supporting students identified as having Special Educational Needs (SEN) and other additional needs;
• To assist in co-ordinating the work of the SEND team.
• As part of the SEND team, lead and manage the services and arrangements for students requiring Educational Health Care Plans (EHCP), Health Care Plans (HCP) and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs). To ensure the best possible use of resources to support these students and to demonstrate the impact thereof; to actively pursue further resources through liaison with DCC and other professionals;
• Line manage and quality assure the First Aid Response Team and the Exams Access Arrangements Team;
• To support the SENDCo with the creation, monitoring and quality assuring of student Health Plans and PEEPs;
• To support the SENDCo in developing an outstanding SEND offer for the students of Park School;
• To work under an agreed system of supervision/management to deliver learning and to be a specialist knowledge resource by:
- Assisting in leading the work of the SEND Department;
- Leading on all processes and meetings around Educational Health Care Plans;
- Leading on all processes, assessments and meetings for Health Care Plans and PEEPs;
- Line managing and quality assuring the First Aid response across the school;
- Line managing and quality assuring the Exams Access Arrangements process across the school.
• Foster community links;
• Liaise with TLP, service providers, schools and colleges;
• Inform and monitor whole school targets;
• Work to strengthen and enhance The Park Community School’s values and culture;
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
This post will involve working with children in regulated activities on a daily basis and therefore will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and the post holder is required to be alert and active on issues relating to pupil welfare, safeguarding and child protection. The post holder is also required to raise significant and low-level concerns, make appropriate referrals and follow up on all matters which may affect the wellbeing of a pupil.
Key Function 1: Provide support the SEND department
Key Function 2: Systems, Processes and Administration
Key Function 3: Line Manage and Quality Assure the First Aid Response Team
The above duties are also subject to redesignation or alteration from time to time, by negotiation, as directed by the Headteacher and/or the Headteacher’s representative.
For more information, please see the full job description or contact HR.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade F £29,174 per annum pro rata (£25,320 per annum actual salary, including holiday pay but before any pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37.5 hours per week (typical working hours 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required