Ivy Education Trust is seeking to appoint an Information Technology Technician. The post holder will be responsible for providing hardware, software and systems support to staff, students, and the wider school community. This includes working with schools within the Ivy Education Trust, as well as our partner primary schools.
The post holder will contribute towards the Trust’s IT provisions and other service level agreement holders, by providing:
- Timely end user support for technical issues relating to hardware or software across several different platforms.
- A link between staff and students at other Trust and education sites to help ensure provision best supports student learning.
- Input into the development of any new ways of working or systems to help improve student learning and improve staff workload.
The successful candidate will:
- Be proactive and diligent in their work, always following up issues to resolution.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Be professional in their attitude and well presented at all times.
The Ivy Education Trust works closely with all schools within the Trust and beyond. The Ivy Education Trust celebrates the diversity of each of its schools and is founded upon the alignment of vision and values that we all commonly hold to secure the best outcomes for our pupils.
The name of our Trust is inspired by the story of Dr Ivy Williams. Born in Teignbridge (Newton Abbot), in 1877, she managed what we would wish for all the children and young people of Teignbridge and surrounding area that we serve in our schools by fulfilling her childhood dreams and ambitions.
On 10 May 1922 Dr Ivy Williams became the first woman to be called to the Bar (formally recognised as a qualified Barrister of Law) of England and Wales.
The story of Dr Ivy Williams reminds us of the famous quote from Michelangelo:
“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”
The Ivy Education Trust supports and challenges all members of our learning community to dream big, aim high, and achieve more than they ever thought was possible.
If you share these visions and aspirations, then we very much welcome your application for this post.
Interview Date: Friday 19th August 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work Location
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupITEducation Support
- Salary Details
Scale 4/5 Point 7-12 £19,752 per annum (£20,444 – £22,571 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment Type
37 hours per week, 44 weeks a year
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required