Location: Usually based at a Trust School (Plymouth), with hybrid working available
Role: To support the IT Manager in ensuring that the IT team provides a high-quality support service to staff and pupils
Connect Academy Trust
Connect is at a truly exciting juncture. Our 5 large, successful and inclusive Plymouth Schools have recently been joined by Cockington Primary, Preston Primary and Eden Park Primary in Torbay. As a result, the Trust is educating 3300 children, operating 3 specialist SEN support centres as integral parts of our 8 schools and providing support and development for over 400 staff.
The successful candidate will:
• be enthusiastic and passionate about children’s learning
• have a high standard of education, GCSE/equivalent grade C or above in English and maths alongside a successful completion of an IT apprenticeship, NVQ or similar IT qualification
• have a good knowledge of Windows 10 and the Office 365 suit of applications.
• have a working knowledge of computer networks and infrastructure
• have a working knowledge with Microsoft 365, including Teams and OneDrive.
• be able to work both independently and collaboratively with ease
• be flexible and able to adapt to the changing demands on the IT team
• have the ability to problem solve IT issues working to deadlines and fast turn-around times
• be diligent with attention to detail and high expectations
• be hard working, ambitious, and opening to new learning experiences
Key responsibilities will include:
• Support the IT Manager in the development of an efficient and effective IT support service for the Trust
• Support staff with first line issues via a helpdesk system.
• Aid staff with setting up IT equipment for presentations.
• Resolve issues with printing.
• Assist in the use of IT within the school environment through the maintenance of IT software, hardware, and related peripherals
• Develop quality relationships with all users of IT facilities
We can offer you:
• A highly supportive IT team invested in your growth and professional development
• A Trust culture that promotes diversity, equality and social justice
• A supportive approach for all staff and an innovative approach to appraisal
• Comprehensive induction and on-going support opportunities for professional development
• An opportunity to be at the heart of an exciting and growing Multi-Academy Trust, developing the UK’s first ocean conservation curriculum
Connect is fully committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS criminal record check.
If reading this inspires you to find out more about our schools and be part of an ambitious and growing Trust, please email email@example.com for a full application pack. You can also book an informal discussion with the IT Manager Charles Morris if you wish.
Please apply by midday on the closing date.
Interview date: will be soon after the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupITEducation Support
- Salary Details
£20,493-£23,080 per year depending on skills, experience, and performance
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours a week, term time only
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required