Secondment Until July 2024
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Social Worker to join our team of Assessing Social Workers for Fostering Devon. We want to make sure that every child has the best possible start in life. Wherever they live, whatever their circumstances, children and young people in care need our dedicated support and unwavering commitment. Fostering Devon is continually improving and has a culture of innovation and change that gives permission to be adventurous in our ambition for our carers and our children.
About the role
The service is responsible for the recruitment and assessment of mainstream foster carers, specialist foster carers and Devon Young People’s Accommodation Service hosts. This is a challenging and rewarding role which involves the training, preparation and assessment of prospective carers/hosts. Assessments are presented to Devon County Councils Fostering Panel and once carers are approved you will provide support and supervision of the foster carers throughout their 1st year of caring for our children and young people.
You will need to be a qualified Social Worker and possess a good working knowledge of relevant legislation and their impact on fostering services.
You will be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, have good IT skills and be flexible and able to travel throughout the area.
If you are interested and wish to know more information, please contact Claire Bennett, Team Manager on 01392 383000.
If you would like to apply for the secondment, then please discuss with your line manager in the first instance.
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Interview Date: 29/12/23