Type of working arrangement: A Hybrid Worker is an employee whose role can be performed remotely from a variety of alternative locations including force premises, partner organisation premises or a member of staff's home.
Please note: Exceptions to starting salary may apply if you are an existing Police Staff employee substantively posted to a role at the same grade.
Are you experienced in managing software applications, have experience of application lifecycle management, combined with a passion for delivering great support? If so, we would welcome an application from you!
- ICT Applications – Software design principles, system and service administration.
- ICT Change - requisite products derived throughout the full change lifecycle including requirements capture, service design, evaluation, implementation, change, transition, release, capacity and configuration management
- Whilst not necessary, we would be particularly interested to receive applications from you if you have Unit4 ERP experience
As an ICT Analyst, you will have opportunities to further develop your ICT and communication skills within a friendly and supportive team.
You’ll be joining our Support Services team who have a passion for using their ICT skills to help others. They look after the software applications used by Finance, Fleet (vehicles), People Services (HR), Estates (Buildings) and many other areas of the force.
Although the team is spread out geographically, we support each other through virtual coffee breaks and regular check-ins to deliver the best service we can to the Force. As a ‘hybrid worker’ you will have the choice of nominating one of our HQs as your base, either Middlemoor (near Exeter, Devon) or Winfrith (near Dorchester, Dorset). There will be an occasional need to attend your chosen HQ site, but generally you’ll be able to embrace working from home or from one of our hub sites.
Whilst most of the Support Services Team work typical office hours, Monday to Friday, we are happy to consider flexible working options to find the healthy work/life balance that suits you.
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to work on a part-time basis and are willing to consider flexible working patterns subject to business need
There are many opportunities to develop, through training, team support and a variety of work, enabling you to grow and support your role. The department is supported by an excellent Wellbeing Team, giving you access to a huge number of resources and support.
As an Alliance ICT department, we provide technology services to Devon & Cornwall Police and Dorset Police; from radios, cameras and phones that our officers and staff wear, to the complex systems that enable our control rooms to respond to 999 and 101 calls and everything in-between that our 10,000 employees and volunteers rely on to support our communities.
This is an exciting time to be part of our Alliance ICT department as we invest in new systems and technologies to modernise policing.
- A completive salary with yearly increments.
- Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business needs.
- 24 days a year leave entitlement, with an increase to 29 days after 5 years continuous employment, plus bank holidays.
- Access to heavily subsidised gym membership at all Police sites throughout the county.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services.
- Company sick pay.
- Competitive local government pension scheme.
- Job related equipment supplied.
- Free onsite parking.
- Access to a Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Development and training opportunities available.
For Further Information, Please Contact: Jason Wyles on 01202122107 or by email: email@example.com
How to apply: To apply for this role please click the 'apply' button below, you will then be taken to a registration page. Please complete this registration form to create an account, once created you will be taken to the application.
Interview Date: w/c 6 February 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevonDorset
- Work Postcode
Middlemoor (near Exeter, Devon) or Winfrith (near Dorchester, Dorset)
- Occupational GroupIT
- Salary Details
Grade 7: Starts at £32,409 rising by yearly increments to a maximum of £36,177 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required