To provide comprehensive and effective front-line support for the Registration Service. To deliver an excellent operational customer service to all users including members of the public, internal partners, Coroners services, Bereavement Services, Local GP surgeries, the General Register Office, Social Services, Police, Department for Work & Pensions, Funeral Directors, Medical Examiners and other registration services.
Main duties and responsibilities:
•To understand and advise on complex legal requirements relating to notices of marriage/civil partnerships, death registrations, birth registrations and re-registrations, civil partnership conversions and Registrar Generals licences (emergency marriages/civil partnership).
•To validate Medical Cause of Death Certificates and Coroners Paperwork. To manage the display of legal notices of marriage on a daily basis.
•To make appointments for members of the public to register births, death and attest notices of marriage/civil partnership, in person, by phone and using the electronic booking system.
•To oversee the correction process, take payments, liaise with the necessary partner agencies and make appointments for the public to attend.
•To greet customer attending face to face appointments.
•To provide support to the County Registrar and Registration Officers based in offices across the County.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required