Housing Officer/Senior Housing Officer - Teignbridge District Council
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
Do you have a passion for improving housing conditions in Teignbridge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the private sector housing team that strives to improve housing tenures across the district.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person ideally with a background in housing standards and enforcement of housing legislation to join our friendly team.
Experience in this role is desirable; however, applications from those with less knowledge or experience will be considered.
• Agile working – part office based, and part home based
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
• Generously discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
• Opportunities for career and self-development
The ideal candidate:
• Will have a good knowledge of housing construction and housing enforcement legislation.
• Will have worked in similar roles providing advice and guidance to tenants and landlords on housing conditions and have undertaken housing enforcement action.
• Will enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions, in some case working with others. You don’t get flustered easily and if you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
• Will like helping people. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
• Will pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
• Will communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
• Will think on their feet. You like learning new things; you can learn quickly and are adaptable
• Will be self-motivated. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
• Will have a good team ethos and will actively contribute towards team deadlines and priorities
Read the job description and person specification - it will help you understand whether your knowledge, skills and experience match the job requirements. In your supporting statement please tell us how you meet each of the essential criteria we ask for in the person specification.
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Harrison on 01626 215450 or Alison Dolley on 01626 215418.
If you experience any difficulties submitting your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
For further information and to apply please visit Job profile (teignbridge.gov.uk)
Interview Date: 3rd April 2023