Location: Forde House, Newton Abbot
This post is on a 24 month fixed term contract or a Secondment considered.
The purpose of this role is to manage rent accounts for clients in temporary accommodation. To maximise the income of the Council through effective management of debtor and arrears accounts. To act as the first point of contact for customers and colleagues providing advice and assistance, for example, determining reasonable repayments towards debts to avoid eviction or court action.
We’re a values-based organisation all working together to achieve our vision of “Making Teignbridge a healthy and desirable place where people want to live, work and visit”. We do this by taking personal ownership for the quality of the work we do, the quality of the relationships we develop and for driving improvements in our services.
We can offer:
• A generous flexi scheme with up to 2 days flexi per month that can be taken.
• Agile working – Part office based, and part home based.
• A newly refurbished zero carbon emissions office space
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
• Generously discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
• Opportunities for career and self-development
The ideal Candidate will:
• Have worked in similar roles managing rent accounts and debt collection.
• Like helping people. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
• Pay attention to details. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
• Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to adapt to any given audience.
• Think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you flex.
• Be self-motivated. You use your initiative and volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
You might have:
• Experience working in a housing environment.
• Experience delivering technical advice to clients.
• Experience of using rent collection systems
Read the job description and person specification - it will help you understand whether your knowledge, skills and experience match the job requirements. In your supporting statement please tell us how you meet each of the essential criteria we ask for in the person specification.
For an informal discussion please contact Luke Rollo on 01626 215519.
For further information and to apply please visit Job profile (teignbridge.gov.uk)
- OrganisationTeignbridge District Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHousing & Planning
- Salary Details
£23,620 - £24,496 per annum pro rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
Negotiable: 24 - 30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required