The purpose of this role is to:
• Manage rent accounts for clients in temporary accommodation;
• Maximise the income of the Council through effective management of debtor and arrears accounts;
• Act as the first point of contact for customers and colleagues providing advice and assistance, for example: determining reasonable repayments towards debts to avoid eviction or court action.
• Flexible working;
• Local Government Pension Scheme;
• Generous annual leave and wellbeing package;
• 48.7% off gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres;
• Opportunities for career and self-development.
• You like helping people. You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure;
• You pay attention to details. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch;
• You communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone and are comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone;
• You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you flex.
You might have:
• Experience working in a housing environment;
• Experience delivering technical advice to clients;
• Experience of using rent collection systems.
Please read the job description and person specification in full to inform your supporting statement.
For an informal discussion, please contact Rachel Sinclair on 01626 215306.
Interview Date: 31 August 2022
- OrganisationTeignbridge District Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHousing & PlanningAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£21,695 - £22,571
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required