Housekeeping Assistant (Ref 4593)
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £20,258 per annum, pro rata
This role is to provide good standards of cleaning, laundry, food preparation, food serving, and bed making tasks to support the smooth running of respite/ residential services that provide care for older people.
The role requires support to be provided to Service Users with differing levels of need and dependency. The role requires that the post holder delivers their support service in a sensitive and person centred way, placing the Service User at the forefront of the tasks undertaken. The post holder is expected to work in a unified and flexible manner to deliver excellent quality services.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Day to day cleaning duties as designated by the team leader
• Cleaning of clothes and linen
• To undertake the day to day cleaning of the home to include regular
vacuuming, floor cleaning and toilet cleaning
• To include work in the laundry including ironing duties
• To include work in the kitchen including preparation of snack meals and serving of food under the supervision of the Cook
• To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other people
• Awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people’s behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs
• To conform to, actively commit to and promote DCC Customer Service Standards both with internal and external 'customers' when using any communication media including telephone, email and face to face
• To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.