Are you passionate about helping people facing homelessness?
Can you work in a fast-paced environment?
You will be based within the Housing Options Team within the Community and Customer Services directorate and will be amazed by the breath of what we do and the opportunities this provides. As a small unitary council, you will therefore have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and have exposure to a wide agenda and the connectivity that comes with this. This will be at all levels within the organisation and with partners.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage our 27 bedroomed hostel accommodation provision. We are seeking someone with a proven track record of managing in a hostel or supported housing setting.
You will be an inspirational and motivational manager accustomed to managing through change. Someone who is experienced in establishing pathways within multi-agency partnerships to ensure that all residents have their needs met and move on from the provision into longer-term accommodation of their own.
You will have vast experience delivering services to people who have multiple and complex needs and take a trauma informed approach to establishing and developing future provision.
A sound understanding of risk management and harm reduction is essential, as is experience of developing policies and procedures in accordance with legislation.
What we are looking for:
• Excellent communicators with the ability to influence at a senior level;
• Creative and collaborative approach to problem-solving;
• Proven track record of managing in a hostel or supported housing environment;
• A talent for performance management;
• Ability to innovate, design and implement new initiatives.
In your response, you must refer to the person specification and give examples of how you meet the essential criteria. You will be shortlisted according to this criteria.
We are committed to making a difference in our community and delivering high quality, value for money services to local people. To achieve this, we only recruit the best - people who are forward-thinking and adaptable with a clear customer orientated focus and who always act with integrity.
In return, you will receive excellent employment terms and conditions and the opportunity to work for an organisation that recognises and values the contributions of its employees.
As our Hostel Manager, we can offer you the following:
• Generous annual leave plus additional bank holidays and an extra day for long service;
• Relocation package for the successful candidate;
• A Career Average Re-valued Earnings (CARE) pension scheme through Peninsula Pensions;
• Commitment to a good Work/Life Balance with options including a flexi-scheme, career break scheme, home and hybrid working, flexible retirement;
• Family friendly benefits such as flexible working and access to childcare vouchers, paid maternity, adoption and paternity leave schemes (where eligible) and paid leave for fertility treatment;
• Equal Opportunities policies including Equal Pay;
• An Employee Assistance Programme which includes 24 hour access to wellbeing support and counselling;
• Employee Reward Scheme - online and in-store access to a range of local and national discounts exclusively for our employees;
• Professional support including coaching and mentoring;
• Cycle scheme;
• Eye care vouchers.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lianne Hancock on 01803 208724.
A DBS disclosure is required for this job.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHousing & PlanningManagement & Senior ManagementYouth & Community
- Salary Details
Grade K SCP 36-39 £42,503 - £45,495
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required