Fixed Term 12 Months
If you are passionate about inspiring others, enjoy working within a team, and like a varied and fast paced work environment, then you could be an ideal candidate for the position of Highway Services Team Manager.
The Highway Services Team are responsible for a wide range of duties including insurance claims, licences and applications, road closures, tree safety management and customer management.
One day you will be carrying out supervision sessions and informal catch ups with members of your team, and the next you will be working alongside other Team Managers to balance conflicting priorities to deliver what is needed and important.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Highways, Infrastructure Development and Waste (HIDW) Service, in a part time, managerial position. The post will give you the opportunity to work within the Highway Services Team and gain an insight into several aspects of the HIDW service.
We are currently moving towards an agile way of working which will combine both an office base (either Great Moor House, Exeter or Taw View, Barnstaple) and home working.
For further information please see the job description or contact Caroline VanHuysse on 01392 383000
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
EX2 7NL and EX31 1EE
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£29,174 - 32,798 per annum, pro rata (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
29.6 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required