Location is at Great Moor House, Sowton, Exeter or Taw View, Barnstaple
Working within our Highway Services Team, the Highway Services Process Assistant is a vital part of a team providing essential support to our Highway and Traffic Management Service.
The role is varied and will see the successful candidate dealing with a variety of duties including, customer contact, administrative tasks, liaising with internal officers and engineers, supporting our application and licence process and many other tasks besides.
The role will be based at either our offices in Exeter or Barnstaple. We are working towards an agile working agreement, working a minimum of 2 days in the office and 3 days at home.
The successful candidate will gain a wide range of knowledge of the Highway Services as a whole and full training will be provided.
What we can offer you
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer. In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
For an informal chat please call 01392 385084 and ask for Charlotte Rowe or Steve Pickard.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
Information about Working for Devon.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Job Applicants Privacy Notice
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterNorth DevonEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£18,516 - £18,887 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required