INTERNAL ONLY (DCC Employees only)
An exciting job share vacancy for a Senior Highway Asset Officer (0.4 FTE) has arisen within the Highway Asset Policy and Programme Team.
We are looking for a self-motivated person with excellent communication and influencing skills to join the team and lead on exciting projects that will help set the direction for highway maintenance in Devon.
The focus of the role is to assist the Highway Asset Principal Officer in reviewing and updating key policies and procedures that guides the authority in how to undertake highway maintenance work. To do this effectively the post holder would be expected to:
• Be familiar with current national Codes of Practice.
• Liaise and benchmark against similar authorities.
• Liaise with and influence colleagues across the authority to establish the best ways or working.
• Be proficient in writing technical documentation to make things clear and concise.
The post holder would also be expected to support the wider team in the development of the highway maintenance programme as well as line manage a small number of the team.
To be successful in this role you will have existing qualifications in civil engineering as per the job description as well as someone who can display key behaviours, including:
• Committed to providing the best service to the residents of Devon by ensuring the authorities work is of the highest quality.
• Inspiring to those around them and able to influence colleagues in the wider authority
• Respectful to the thoughts and position of others and able to collaborate, promote and embrace change
• Curios to learn from people, data, technology and other influences.
Interview Date: 19th - 23rd December 2022
For and informal discussion about the post please contact Richard Brown on 01392 3803000.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£35,411 - £39,493 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeJob Share
14.8 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required