Bickleigh-on-Exe C of E Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join us from 1 September 2022.
Bickleigh-on-Exe C of E Primary School is a very special place to work, in a beautiful rural location, with easy access from Exeter (20 minutes) and Tiverton (10 minutes). Our popular school is situated in the beautiful Exe Valley surrounded by farmland and the banks of the River Exe. The school enjoys extensive grounds, providing an outdoor education area, sports ground, pond and raised beds. Our dedicated team of staff and governors work together to create a school where there is a real sense of community and where teachers and learners can flourish. Our aims are straightforward. We strive to develop the intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of each child through high-quality teaching. We value the positive and sustained support of the parents to achieve this. Please come and visit us and see for yourself!
We can promise you a wonderful team of staff and highly supportive families. Our children are eager to learn and their behaviour is excellent. We have strong links through our multi-academy trust, Ventrus Ltd, and we enjoy being able to share expertise as well as offer school to school professional development.
We are seeking a HLTA (or coach with equivalent experience) to cover teachers’ PPA time across Key Stages 1 and 2. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an encouraging, enthusiastic and supportive approach and have experience of working with primary aged children.
- Wednesday 1pm - 3.30pm
- Remaining hours will be agreed at interview (9am - 3.30pm, Monday - Friday)
We are seeking someone who has:
- A growth mind-set; with the ability to instil this in others;
- Motivation and determination to secure the best possible outcomes for all children;
- Excellent communication skills leading to effective relationships with pupils, parents and other staff;
- The ability to provide rich and creative learning experiences;
- A personal philosophy which supports the values of the school;
- A HLTA qualification or equivalent coaching qualifications;
- Experience working with children in key stages 1 and 2.
We can offer you:
- Training to become a HLTA or equivalent sports coaching certification;
- Friendly and supportive governors, staff and parents;
- Motivated and enthusiastic pupils;
- Opportunities to develop your skills within school and within our Multi Academy Trust;
- In school and Trust-wide support and CPD opportunities;
- Dedicated and committed staff;
- Commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum.
For further information, please contact Wendy Humphreys, Senior Administrator, on 01884 855357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
To apply for this role, please submit your application online via https://bickleighschool.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2681778.
Your supporting statement should outline your suitability for the post.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 17 June 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade E £24,432 - £27,514 FTE (paid pro rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time/Term TimePart TimeTerm Time
8.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required