Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Torre C of E Primary School (Academies for Character and Excellence)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- Torbay NJC Grade F (SCP 12-17) from £12.70 per hour
Excellence through Cultivating Character, Sharing Talents and Pursuing Innovation
The Academies for Character and Excellence has eight Primary Schools and three Pre-Schools, making up a dynamic and innovative learning organisation. We also work in partnership with a two other schools in the Exeter area, who will be joining us officially later in the year.
We live our mission and return to this constantly to help guide every action. At the heart of all we do is the pursuit of excellence; we want to grow an exceptional Trust comprised of excellent schools. We are achieving this through our shared core values of collaboration, community, equity and, of course, uncompromising excellence.
We are truly collaborative, and we work together within and across our schools to ensure that all our children and staff members achieve their potential. Together, we work to create a full and rich curriculum offer allowing everyone to flourish - we translate our vision of excellence into our everyday practice. We are proud of our outcomes, but we aspire to achieve more than just academic excellence for our children. We also want our children to become healthy thinkers, curious explorers, caring citizens, knowledgeable participants and confident individuals.
We aim to serve our communities, and our schools make every effort to connect with families, local community groups and organisations to ensure that our children and families are nurtured, supported and provided with opportunities through our schools.
Our value of equity leads us to want the very best of every child and every staff member. The Academies for Character and Excellence believes in ‘Personal Growth for All’, and we are committed to tackle inequalities and overcome disadvantage and to provide bespoke opportunities for professional learning for all.
For Torre C of E Primary School, we are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate who:
• Will be enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated to prepare and deliver lessons to individuals, groups and whole classes in the planned absence of the teacher, i.e. for PPA or leadership duties;
• Has relevant HLTA or equivalent qualifications or the desire to do so;
• Will work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole curriculum planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources;
• Will need to be able to cover classes across the school;
• Has SEND experience (advantageous but not essential);
• Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given solutions with integrity and compassion;
• Can inspire and motivate children and enable them to be the best that they can be;
• Has the ability to encourage every child to learn, aspire and achieve;
• Has the enthusiasm, skill and desire to make a difference.
We welcome applications from highly motivated individuals who will work effectively as part of our excellent team and contribute to wider school life, building positive relationships with all members of our community. We are looking for applicants who are dedicated to making a difference to children’s lives and to ensure every child has the opportunities they deserve.
For further information, please contact our People Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To arrange a visit of the school, please contact the school direct on 01803 324007.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, an enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
An application form is available to download from www.acexcellence.co.uk/ace-trust-vacancies.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 13 June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Torbay NJC Grade F (SCP 12-17) from £12.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
26.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required