Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support a range of groups and individual children commencing as soon as possible.
You will work in a highly supportive team within a positive setting. High levels of initiative and flexibility are essential along with excellent communication skills. You will be supported in the planning and preparation of teaching programmes by the class teacher. You will also be required to carry out the role of Meal Time Assistant at lunchtimes, supporting the children eating lunch in the hall as well as promoting active playtimes outside.
The post is for 3 days per week: Wednesdays/Thursdays/Fridays.
The successful candidate will:
• Support our Christian ethos and values
• Be a good role model and be committed to raising standards, making learning fun, engaging and challenging
• Establish strong, positive relationships with our pupils, parents, staff and governors
• Work effectively as part of a team and have good organisational skills
• Have a positive nature and be hard working and resilient
• Have a reflective approach to their practice
We will offer:
• A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage
• Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning and who want to learn
• A friendly and supportive school community where parents, staff, governors and children work together well.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
To apply for this role please submit your application online via the following link;
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 1st December 2022.
Interview Date: Wednesday 7th December 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade E: £26,357 - £29,439 FTE (This will be paid pro-rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
18.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required