At Seaton Primary School, we are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work as Cover Supervisor. We are looking for someone who has a passion for education and the necessary skills and experience to enhance learning and nurture the whole child, striving for every child to be the best they can be and proud of working at Seaton.
We are looking for a HLTA to cover classes when the teacher is absent or engaged in professional development activities. We are also looking for a HLTA who will cover other TAs/LSAs if they are absent or engaged in professional development activities.
When cover is not required, you will be assigned a regular phase in school to support as HLTA. The expectation here is to work within the classroom to enhance learning and to deliver small group or 1:1 feedback to children as directed lessons.
You will understand the importance of providing academic support and pastoral care for our children and will be warm and nurturing in approach. You will be an effective team player who goes the extra mile for our children. You will be effortlessly flexible and adaptable, and demonstrate ease and confidence to step in to any class that requires cover.
The essential skills and qualities required for this role are:
- Good literacy and written and spoken English language skills;
- Good mathematical and number skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of RWI and ability to run RWI groups;
- Understanding of the primary curriculum;
- Ability to teach the whole class, delivering learning and managing behaviour;
- Positive behaviour management strategies;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to think and plan ahead, to be pro-active and to work individually and collaboratively with others;
- Knowledge and understanding of how children learn and strategies to enhance learning, as well as how to differentiate and personalise learning to meet the needs of individuals;
- Experience of working with children with additional needs, including complex SEND needs;
- Relevant and recent experience of effectively teaching groups and whole classes.
The desirable skills and qualities required for this role are:
- Experience of working with children across the primary age range;
- Level 3 teaching assistant qualification or equivalent.
If you have the skills, passion and experience that we are looking for and would like to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
Tours of the school are available at 9.10am on 24 June 2022. To arrange a visit to the school, or to discuss the post with the Headteacher, Jenna McCaffery, or the Deputy Headteacher, Kelly Hodkinson, please contact the school on 01297 20922 or email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please visit www.seatonprimary.org.uk to download an application pack.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications to be completed on the DCC application form. CVs will not be accepted.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£12.66 - £14.26 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required