The post is temporary until 31st July 2024 in the first instance due to anticipated changes in funding.
Applications are invited for the post of Higher Level Teaching Assistant to support teaching and learning across the school including covering classes for PPA. Applicants must hold a HLTA qualification.
Ideally you will have a Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent and experience of working with pupils with a range of needs. You will have initiative and be a confident communicator, with effective numeracy and literacy skills and knowledge communication and interaction difficulties.
This is ideally a full time position of 27.50 hrs per week (term time only) although part-time arrangements may be considered if they can meet the school’s requirements of the role.
- Be passionate about securing the best possible outcomes for all children in the school
- Be able to prioritise tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Be flexible and adaptable with a good sense of humour
- Be qualified to HLTA level
We can offer you:
- A reflective and supportive school
- Motivated and enthusiastic children
- A friendly professional team committed to achieving the very best for the children
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
- Enthusiastic and supportive governors and parents
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
For further details or to arrange a school visit, please contact the school office using the details below.
Application forms can be downloaded via a link on the school website www.otteryprimary.co.uk and should be returned via email to: email@example.com or posted to: Headteacher, Ottery St Mary Primary School, Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary, Devon EX11 1HY
Please apply by 1pm on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week beginning 6th February 2023
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade E16 – E22 £26,357 - £29,439 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart TimeTerm Time
27.50 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required