We are seeking to appoint an experienced health and safety professional to work as an integral member of a busy, supportive and established team. The role will nominally be based in Exeter however flexible working and home working is encouraged. The role will require travel throughout Devon to a broad range of teams and establishments.
Amongst your specific areas of focus will be auditing as well as the review and implementation of a wide range of health and safety policies and guidance. You will have allocated areas of H&S specialism and be responsible for the interpretation of legislation and guidance to provide appropriate advice to Services and establishments. You will also be required to develop and deliver in-house and externally accredited training, both face to face and remotely, to a wide audience.
As a minimum you should hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and be CMIOSH or actively working towards this, with good post-qualification experience. A sound knowledge of current H&S legislation is essential, and you will be required to carry out significant accident investigations. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to engage with individuals and groups across all levels of the organisation. Significant experience with premise H&S issues, including the management of legionella, across multi-site organisations, including educational establishments, would be an advantage, as would a good understanding of Office 365.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Simon Bates on 01392 381863 or email email@example.com.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.