Health Visitor North Devon (Ref 4586)
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £33,706 - £40,588 pro rata, per annum
Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Health Visitors North Devon and Torridge
(OTHER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE ACROSS DEVON-SEE DEVON JOBS WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION)
We are looking for registered Health Visitors who are innovative; motivated; and enthusiastic, seeking to make a real difference improving outcomes for children and families in Devon!
Here in Devon, we strive to deliver an excellent service to the children, young people and families living in our Community. Health visiting in Devon affords amazing variation allowing you opportunity to make a difference to the lives of families and communities across both rural and urban locations. Devon is varied with health inequalities and affluency which cross paths across the varied landscape.
You will work within corporate teams and be rostered to work in our duty hub covering a defined geographical area. You'll be supported by Team Leaders and various dedicated health professionals including Health Visitors, School Nurses and Community Health Workers.
You'll lead and manage changing and challenging work load priorities. Working in close partnership with community, voluntary and statutory agencies; multi-agency working and safeguarding children will be an integral part of your role. We are working together with our local midwifery services to support the Better Births agenda.
Continuity is fast becoming priority for every family in Devon, with a focus on a strong public health approach. The opportunity to think innovatively is increasingly becoming part of everything we do in our new model of health visiting. Our aim is not just to influence local Health Visiting agendas but also to be innovative and a partner in influencing national Health Visiting agendas.
- Employee Assistance Program
- NHS pension scheme
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- Flexible working within service hours
Professional development is a high priority for us and we provide a range of training opportunities and in-house expertise that will support your own professional development.
Successful candidates will receive a full induction, preceptorship where indicated, safeguarding and clinical supervision.
Applications from newly qualified Health Visitor’s are welcomed.
For more information, please contact Melisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We are proud to have received a CQC rating of 'good' across all domains at our recent inspection. To find out more about working for Devon, please see link below: Public Health Nursing – Education and Families (devon.gov.uk)
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£33,706 - £40,588 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required