St Sidwell’s is a single form entry Church of England Primary & Nursery School, in central Exeter. The school has a capacity of 210 pupils. The school is inclusive and as such, welcomes children with a range of needs and from a variety of backgrounds. The staff working closely with each of the children, knowing them well to ensure they do their best to develop their learning. Through established and embedded values, St Sidwell’s has a clear learning approach.
For experienced leaders, the role presents a chance to engage in diversifying the current curriculum and extending the great practice in the school, to be even better, served by an established and supportive Trust. For anyone looking to relocate, this is a fantastic opportunity to lead a highly diverse school in a city centre location, with a fantastic Devon lifestyle, on the doorstep.
Required to start January 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
We are looking for someone who has;
• A clear vision for the curriculum, knowing what is to be taught and how
• Passion and drive, for the best provision for every pupil
• Thoughtfulness in their leadership, open to learning
• Supportive approach to their staff
• Experience building productive relationships with school communities
• A desire to work in a collaborative culture as part of a multi academy trust
• An understanding of, and desire to be, a Church school leader
Our School and Trust can offer;
• A well-resourced school with a broad curriculum
• Enthusiastic children, with dedicated and committed staff, open to learning and change
• A welcoming community with an excellent range of established local partnerships
• A supportive Trust community that will facilitate a focus on teaching and learning
• Commitment to your professional learning, accompanied by regular coaching or supervision
• A thorough induction programme specifically tailored to your needs and experience.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying
We encourage you to arrange a discussion about the role with Sean Millar, Director of School Improvement, by emailing email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the Trust website: Vacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org).
Please return your completed application to HR@stcmat.org by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date 27th and 28th September 2022