Required to start January 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter).
St Michael’s C of E Primary Academy is a larger than average primary school, located in Heavitree, Exeter with a 2 form entry and 420 pupils. The school has enjoyed an excellent reputation for serving the local community for over 140 years. The school is inclusive and, as such, welcomes children with a range of needs and from a variety of backgrounds. This leads to a dynamic learning environment, catering for diverse cohorts whilst ensuring high standards. There is a strong team culture with staff working closely with each other for the benefit of all the children. Through established and embedded values, St Michael’s children are not only excellent learners, they are also first-class citizens, helping to make the world a better place for all.
For experienced senior leaders, the role presents a chance to engage in diversifying the current curriculum and extending the great practice in the school, to be even better, served by an established and supportive Trust.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Passion and drive, able to communicate to inspire pupils, staff and the community alike;
• A vision for curriculum;
• Experience of leading or developing SEND provision;
• The ability to forge excellence relationships with the parents and wider community;
• A desire to work in a collaborative culture as part of a multi academy trust;
• An understanding of, and desire to be, a Church school leader.
Our School and Trust can offer:
• A well-resourced school with a broad curriculum;
• Enthusiastic children, with dedicated and committed staff, open to learning and change;
• A welcoming community with an excellent range of established local partnerships;
• A supportive Trust community that will facilitate a focus on teaching and learning;
• Commitment to your professional learning, accompanied by regular coaching or supervision;
• A thorough induction programme specifically tailored to your needs and experience.
We encourage you to arrange a discussion about the role with Sean Millar, Director of School Improvement, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
For more information, please visit St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust.
Your completed application form should be returned to HR@stcmat.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 22 and 23 September 2022