Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
This is a full-time, permanent position, however we would consider a two year secondment for applicants who can demonstrate successful whole school leadership experience, seeking a leadership development opportunity.
This position provides an exciting and unique opportunity for a person with a proven, successful track record in a senior leadership role. You will work in a highly supportive team both at St David’s C of E Primary School, and across the Trust.
St David’s was judged “Good” during both its Ofsted and SIAMS inspections and lies at the heart of its community, in the centre of Exeter. As well as aiming high for their pupils and families, the staff are a warm and welcoming team, who build positive relationships with families, the church community and colleagues across the Trust. The staff strives to develop pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural understanding through its six core Christian values: respect, trust, friendship, compassion, justice and forgiveness.
As an inner city school, the catchment served by the school is diverse and experience of successfully supporting pupils and families with English as an additional language, as well as those with special educational needs, would be an advantage.
Exeter is a cathedral city and the county town of Devon, South West England. It is situated on the River Exe, approximately 36 mi (58 km) northeast of Plymouth and 65 mi (105 km) southwest of Bristol.
Exeter became a religious centre in the Middle Ages. Exeter Cathedral, founded in the mid- 11th century, became Anglican in the 16th-century English Reformation. Exeter became an affluent centre for the wool trade, although by the First World War the city was in decline. After the Second World War, much of the city centre was rebuilt and is now a centre for education, business and tourism in Devon and Cornwall. It is home to two of the University of Exeter Campuses: Streatham and St Luke's.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- have proven success in whole school leadership and management
- be innovative, determined and driven to constantly seek improvement for the children and communities that we serve
- have the vision and skill to maximize the resources of the school
- continue to drive improvements in curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment
- be able to demonstrate highly accurate and effective communication skills
- have a positive and active approach to cross school collaboration
We can offer:
- the opportunity to lead an improving school as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
- a Trust which cares about its staff and keeps the well-being of children at the heart of its work
- supportive and collaborative colleagues, committed to improving outcomes for its students
- a highly supportive governance model
- the support of experienced leaders at all levels
- access to best practice networks within the Trust, including a Headteacher network who meet regularly as a group
- the opportunity to support school improvement, in your areas of expertise, across the Trust
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
Our job description provides further details of the post. We hope you will be inspired to apply for this exciting opportunity.
For further information, or to arrange a visit, please contact our Director of School Improvement Ashley Leeson by email: email@example.com.
To apply please visit our website, Headteacher (current-vacancies.com).
Please apply by 12noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 12th December 2023 (applicants will need to be available on this date)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSchool LeadershipTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
L6 - L12: £50,122 - £58,105 (FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required