Required from January 2023.
This position provides an exciting and unique opportunity for a person with a proven, successful track record in a senior leadership role. Holywell Church of England Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of 16 Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children’s outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities. You will work in a highly supportive team both at Holywell and across the Trust.
Holywell is a values driven school community, which ‘lets its light shine’ through loving learning, loving life, loving all others and loving our world. There is a shared commitment in this community to ensure that everyone works together to be the best they can be.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
• Have proven success in whole school leadership and management;
• Be innovative, determined and driven to constantly seek improvement for the children and communities that we serve;
• Have the vision and skill to maximise the resources of the school;
• Continue to drive improvements in curriculum, teaching, learning and assessment;
• Be able to demonstrate highly accurate and effective communication skills.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to lead an improving school as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust;
• A Trust which cares about its staff and keeps the wellbeing of children at the heart of its work;
• Supportive and collaborative colleagues, committed to improving outcomes for its students;
• A highly supportive governance model;
• The support of experienced leaders at all levels.
The school is based in a thatched building in Tawstock, a beautiful village nestling in a valley close to the town of Barnstaple, which is the social centre of North Devon. As one of the UK’s oldest boroughs, it has a rich history with a wealth of things to see and do. There are family-friendly attractions, a bustling high street with a range of big brand shops, traditional family businesses and access to some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK. Within easy travelling distance of the North Devon Coast, an area of national beauty, there are a wide range of activities available, from walking some of the most beautiful cliff paths on the British coast to more extreme water sports for the more adventurous.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit, phone call or for further information. Visits will be possible from September 2022.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
To apply for this role, please submit your application online via https://ventrus.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2760165.
Your supporting statement should outline your suitability for the post.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 20 September 2022