Tel: 01409 253700
The Governors of Holsworthy C of E Primary School are looking to appoint a supportive, motivated and inspirational Headteacher who can build on our achievements and successes and continue the development of our school into the future.
Holsworthy Primary School is an average sized, Church of England voluntary controlled primary school in the heart of the ancient market town of Holsworthy in the rolling green fields of North Devon. Within a short distance is the scenic North Cornwall and North Devon coastline with the sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay.
In our recent ‘good’ rated Ofsted inspection in November 2023, the school was praised for our high expectations for pupils, ambitious curriculum and recognised that “Pupils are proud of their school. They are happy and feel safe. Pupils treat each other and adults with respect. This is a result of the school’s focus on building positive relationships.”
The headteacher who left the school at Christmas to move to Canada, had provided exceptional leadership for over 8 years and we are looking to appoint a successor to join us from Autumn term 2024.
We seek someone who:
- Shares our vision and commitment to working and growing together, for all pupils to flourish.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership, mentoring, coaching and teambuilding skills.
- Champions continuous improvement by building confidence, fostering potential, inspiring, and celebrating achievement in both staff and pupils.
- Has creative flair and vision to maximise the resources of the school.
- Continues to promote the highest level of pastoral care for the whole school community.
- Promotes our Christian values-based education so children take responsibility for themselves, their actions, are respectful and develop resilience.
- Can continue to develop the school, by embracing and nurturing the existing caring culture amongst staff.
We can offer you a school with:
- Well behaved, eager and enthusiastic learners who love their school which is welcoming, inclusive and where every voice is valued and respected.
- An opportunity to lead a dedicated team and make a meaningful difference in the lives of young learners.
- Supportive governors, staff, and parents who are committed to the success and well-being of our school community.
- Professional development opportunities and a supportive environment for personal and career growth.
We would love to meet you and show you around our fantastic school. Please contact Vicky Berry (School Business Manager) to arrange this on 01409 253700 or email email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Online searches may be done as part of pre-recruitment checks.
An information pack and application form can be requested by contacting Sally Watts at Devon Education Services on 01392 287296 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 12 noon on the 4th March 2024.
Interview Date: 18 and 19 March 2024.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSchool LeadershipTeaching - Primary & Early YearsManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
L15 - L21: £66,628 - £77,195 negotiable based upon experience
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required