Headteacher - Exeter Road Community Primary School
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- Group 2: £58,105 - £61,042 (L12 - L14)
Tel: 01395 272935
Required to start January 2024.
Exeter Road Community Primary School is dedicated to ensuring that ‘Every Child Can Succeed’. It is a happy, warm and welcoming school that sits within the heart of its town centre community and serves a diverse population. The school is one form entry and currently has 186 on roll. It has a thriving early years unit and a higher than average number of pupils with SEND and EAL for this region.
The school provides an opportunity for a Headteacher who thrives on challenge, seeks to bring change and understands the needs of a diverse community. Our new Headteacher will understand and nurture the ethos of the school and have the passion, determination and commitment to continue the school’s development and ensure positive outcomes for our children. Having a recent RI judgement from Ofsted, this is a school where your leadership skills will make a difference. The successful candidate will have the ability to accurately monitor and implement improvements in assessment and the quality of education provided. Those skills will enable staff to flourish through your strong personal philosophy, clear pedagogy and subject knowledge.
We seek someone with:
• Energy, vision, clarity of purpose and excellent communication skills;
• A dynamic presence who can be highly visible throughout the school;
• The ability to influence, inspire and motivate;
• The capacity to recognise and uphold very high standards;
• A clear understanding of the underpinning principles and practices of Early Years Foundation, KS1 and KS2;
• The expertise to lead innovation and change in teaching, learning and the curriculum;
• Experience as an excellent classroom practitioner;
• A proven record of leading and maintaining successful change in a school setting;
• The ability to understand, manage and improve financial outcomes within a school environment;
• Views that align with our behaviour policy plus ability to demonstrate a high level of skill in dealing with any behaviour issues;
• Up to date knowledge of all safeguarding and other legislation requirements.
The governors and management welcome, indeed encourage, an informal chat/visit to the school. Please contact the school on 01395 272935 to make an appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
An application form can be requested by contacting Jennifer Ord at Devon Education Services on 01392 287296 or email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 5 and 6 July 2023