As soon as possible, we seek to appoint an inspiring and highly motivated Head of Year.
Cullompton Community College is a small, successful community college of approximately 770 students committed to the holistic development and well being of every child.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A passion for pastoral care;
- A good understanding of what inclusion means;
- A relentless drive to achieve outstanding progress and achievement for every student;
- A commitment to being a visible, proactive and responsive leader;
- The initiative to develop innovative strategies within a team approach and share them with staff and students;
- Commitment to add to school activities;
- Good organisational and communication skills;
- Ability to lead a team of tutors and a duty team;
- In-depth understanding of the barriers of disadvantaged students & a skills to lead a whole-school project to improve outcomes for this cohort;
- A good sense of humour.
Heads of Year have clearly defined roles and work within a team approach to fulfil the shared vision and direction of the school to meet the pastoral and learning needs of all students in the college in line with equality objectives.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 6 December 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£31,099 - £34,723 FTE (£26,632 pro rata) £16.12 - £18.00 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week (Monday - Friday) 39 weeks per annum (term time only + 5 x non pupil days)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required