Feniton Church of England Primary is offering a highly rewarding opportunity for a school leader to join us and continue to develop a high standard of education in a welcoming, inspiring and supportive environment, which is rooted in our Christian HEART Values. A new Head of School will have the opportunity to influence current practice and lead the daily operations of the school, raising standards and motivating others to achieve their personal best and maintain the highest possible standards of learning and teaching. Supported by an Executive Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team of the Otter Valley Federation this is an exciting prospect for a leader who has a proven track record of school improvement and who wishes to lead a successful, happy and nurturing school, supported by a strong team culture and community partnerships.
We are looking for someone who will:
• ensure a continuous and consistent school-wide focus on pupils’ achievement and wellbeing
• establish creative and responsive approaches to learning and teaching, set in the foundations of a high quality, broad and balanced curriculum
• have an excellent knowledge and understanding of statutory frameworks and the wider curriculum and the opportunities it provides for pupils and the school community
• improve the school’s level of success and achieve the highest possible attainment standards for all groups of pupils
• communicate effectively to inspire pupils, staff and community
• make a positive contribution to the Otter Valley Federation Leadership Team
• secure the long-term success of the school
• promote and develop the Christian distinctiveness of the school
• be an excellent teacher who can lead by example (this role does not include a main class teacher responsibility) • lead safeguarding and early help in school with support of the Federation DSL
• liaise with the SENDCo to ensure effective SEND provision
• undertake, to the extent required by the Executive Headteacher or Governing Board, the professional duties of the Executive Headteacher in the event of her absence from the Federation
We can offer you:
• a warm and friendly atmosphere in which to work
• enthusiastic children and a dedicated staff who are open to learning
• a welcoming community with a range of established local partnerships
• supportive and committed Senior Leadership Team and Executive Headteacher
• well informed governing board who are fully engaged in school life and focused on teaching and learning
• A thorough induction programme tailored to your needs and experience and a commitment to your professional learning, accompanied by regular coaching or supervision.
• Leadership spinal range L5 – L10
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Further details are available from Nikki Meyer please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by 10am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 10th October 2022