We are recruiting for the position of Head of Revenue and Payments to manage Exchequer Services.
Revenue & Payments sits within Finance & Public Value, providing oversight, governance and strategic Direction to a number of functions, including Payments, Cashiering, Income Collection & Processing, Debt recovery and debt management.
Responsibility extends to all reconciliation and allocation through the authority’s financial systems totalling in excess of £250 million per annum.
As a member of Budget Management Group and the Financial Standards Project Board, you will be responsible for developing and updating cross-organisational policies and practices and implementing changes arising from legislative change.
This role is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of “back room” functions and provides management of services to external clients of the Authority such as creditors and debtors. Opportunities to secure service delivery improvements from digital technology use will be an important aspect of the post holder’s role.
We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of two extra statutory days and a technology day), flexible hours, options for condensed hours, hybrid working (a balance of home & office working) and opportunities to develop career paths, including training and development. We also provide a generous defined benefit pension (with the County Council contributing 17%).
Applicants should be keen and enthusiastic, with good communication skills and committed to providing excellent service to the people of Devon.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Finance & Public Value, as we invest in the service to implement new ways of working, including digital technologies, to meet increasing and changing demands.
Please be aware that interviews will be conducted remotely using teleconferencing facilities. We will provide more details on this to candidates that are being shortlisted.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£44,624 - £48,678 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award).
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required