SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown in size from a £2m charity to nearly £4.5M. We’ve reached many more young people through delivering more projects, developing our digital offer and expanding our provision - but we want to do more.
We have two new and exciting roles that will be pivotal in enabling this growth to be sustained and continued, meaning we can reach more young people, and develop new and innovative services to meet their ever-changing needs and interests.
The contract is ongoing, subject to successful completion of a 4 month probationary period.
Thank you for your interest in these roles. Please read through this application pack and get in contact if there is anything else you would like to know. We look forward to hearing from you and really hope you’ll join us soon.
What are the roles?
We’re looking for two enthusiastic, skilled and collaborative people to join Space to help us grow our income, enabling us to reach more young people.
The new Head of Fundraising & Marketing will lead on our Fundraising and Marketing strategies, working closely with our Marketing & Communications Manager and Fundraising Development Co-ordinator to raise the profile of Space with potential donors, stakeholders and other audiences. An integral part of the Leadership Team of Space, this role will help diversify Space’s income profile and ensure we are sustainable into the future. The post holder will lead and develop the fundraising strategy, maintaining income from projects and tenders, growing and expanding our unrestricted income from individuals, corporates, community and events and major donors. The post holder will oversee Space’s Marketing & Communications Strategy, led by the Marketing & Communications Manager.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for people who share our values, have relevant fundraising experience, are keen to learn and grow and can share their passion across our organisation.
For further details, see the job application pack.
As part of our ambitions to improve equality and diversity, we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under any of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
What we offer
• Annual leave: 5 weeks for the first 5 years then additional days depending on length of service (pro-rata’d for part-time roles);
• Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays;
• Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year;
• Employee assistance programme 24/7;
• Free on-site parking;
• Casual dress code;
• Flexible schedule;
• Social occasions;
• Continuous Professional Development: formal and informal training opportunities;
• Enhanced sick pay;
• Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat;
• Chromebook and work mobile;
• Value-driven culture.
If you would like an informal discussion about either role, please contact Jen Whitley, Head of Innovation & Growth, on 07590 639410.
For further information, please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org/work-for-us.
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
• An identity check (photo ID);
• Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current;
• Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK;
• A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to apply
If you would like to apply for either of these roles, please send:
• A detailed CV setting out your career history, education and/or qualifications, training, experience and other key responsibilities or achievements;
• A supporting statement form to be downloaded here - highlighting your suitability for the role, how you meet the person specification and your experiences and skills that fit this role.
All documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you’ve indicated which role you are applying for.
Interview Date: at 100 club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter EX2 7EH on either 12 or 13 October 2022 (these may be in person, by phone / video / online - details will be given at offer of interview)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Work Postcode
Anywhere in Devon, working remotely from home or from one of our youth centres (or a combination) - travel to youth centres and other delivery locations will be required regularly
- Occupational GroupCommunications, Marketing & PRYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£38,000 - £42,000 FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Flexible: 30 - 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required