Head of Financial Accounting - Uffculme Academy Trust
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £50,603 per annum (pay award pending)
Required to start as soon as possible and ideally by September 2023.
Although based in Uffculme, there is the opportunity to work from home 2-3 days per week and during school holiday periods.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and fully qualified CCAB Accountant to lead and develop the accounting function of our growing Trust. In September 2023, the Uffculme Academy Trust is merging with The Castle Partnership Trust to form a new Multi-Academy Trust, the Blackdown Education Partnership, which will comprise of five secondary and five primary schools in Devon and Somerset and which will manage a budget of £40m. Joining from its inception provides both an exciting opportunity and a real challenge for an experienced accountant in this new role, reporting to the CFO and with line management of the Finance Manager and team. An understanding of MAT or public/charity sector finances would be an advantage but is not essential.
The postholder will be responsible for:
• Managing and developing the financial accounting functions of the Trust;
• Month end and year-end accounting processes. Supporting the preparation of the monthly accounts pack and our statutory accounts by our External Auditors;
• Liaison with our Internal and External Auditors;
• Finance systems management;
• Supporting ESFA, DfE, HMRC returns and statutory reporting;
• Cash and payment management;
• Reporting for trading bodies including our wholly owned subsidiary;
• Line Management of the Trust Finance Manager who leads the Central sales and purchase ledger team;
• Fixed Asset Register;
• VAT returns;
• Ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements including designing and implementing effective accounting procedures across the Trust;
• Providing advice, training and support to colleagues on the Trust’s financial systems and procedures.
Our ideal candidate will be highly motivated, possess strong technical accounting skills and have the potential to lead the development of our accounting functions and Team. If you share our vision and values and have the skills, experience and drive to help us achieve our aims, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We can offer a competitive salary of £50,603 (pay award pending), the opportunity to grow your career with the Trust, a generous defined benefit Local Government pension, reduced rate on-site gym membership, access to wellbeing support and free on-site parking.
If you would like an informal conversation about this role, please contact Ben Brook, Chief Finance Officer, on 01884 842900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a number of safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS.
For more information and to apply, please use the following link: Head of Financial Accounting - Eteach.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
We are seeking to fill this important post at the earliest opportunity and will consider applications on receipt. We reserve the right to close early if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this exciting role, please apply as soon as you can.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£50,603 per annum (pay award pending)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, all year around
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required