Head of Business and Operations - Thinking Schools Academy Trust
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- TSAT Pay Group 8 £49,281 - £59,699 (cost of living increase due September 2023 estimated at £50,947 - £62,015)
The Head of Business and Operations (HBO) is a critical role in our organisation. Responsible for leading the strategic oversight of business and operations within a group of schools, it requires someone that is a skilled communicator, able to work with, and get the best from, a wide range of stakeholders and is dedicated to ensuring the highest standards are met, that enable the best outcomes for our students.
Click here to find out more from our Director of Service Delivery about this great opportunity.
At TSAT, we have fully centralised our business functions, delivering Finance, HR, Governance and Compliance, Facilities, Technology and Marketing services to all schools within the Trust. We are proud of the expert support, advice and guidance we provide to our schools and are looking for the right candidate to join our Service Delivery team, as the HBO to our Torbay schools.
Each Headteacher within the Hub reports to the Director of Education and the HBO will need to build a strong working relationship with each of these leaders, ensuring they have the support needed to focus on delivering excellent teaching and learning in their schools.
The HBO will need to work equally with both school leaders and central service teams, to support the strategic development of each Academy and ensure central services meet the TSAT service values of being Trusted, Solution Focused, Approachable and Timely.
The HBO will receive expert support from each of the central service teams but must have a sound working knowledge of business management within an education setting. You will be responsible for ensuring the working relationship between each Academy and Central Service is a success. You must be well-organised, able to manage projects and co-ordinate teams effectively, and clearly communicate the needs of the Academy to achieve the desired aims.
The HBO will lead on strategic financial and workforce planning, ensuring the best use of resources for the best outcomes. You will work with key members of each central service, known as the Hub Drive Team, to ensure high quality services are delivered to academies within the hub. You will also lead on monitoring of Risk Management for each Academy, working with other key stakeholders to minimise or mitigate risk.
Each Academy reports to a collective Hub Finance and Operations Committee and the HBO will be the lead officer for this, informing governors of key activities and updates, three times a year.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be instrumental in transforming the life chances of young people and have the right skills, desire and determination for the role of a Head of Business and Operations, we can’t wait to hear from you!
What you will need to succeed:
• The position will require knowledge and experience within Leadership & Management, Project Planning, Financial Management, HR & Payroll, Premises Management, Business Development;
• Minimum of two years’ experience working with the Education sector.
What we can offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size;
• You will be given a Trust laptop and mobile phone upon commencing the position;
• Access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service;
• A relocation package of up to £3,000 for the right candidate;
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust;
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
If you are interested in joining our growing Multi-Academy Trust and developing your career, please apply today!
To apply for this position and to find out more about our Trust and Academies, please contact Dan High, Director of Service Delivery, by emailing email@example.com.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
TSAT is committed to safe recruitment procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children’s Barred List check.
Interview Date: 22 June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSchool LeadershipEducation SupportManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
TSAT Pay Group 8 £49,281 - £59,699 (cost of living increase due September 2023 estimated at £50,947 - £62,015)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required