The successful candidate will join us for the Autumn term 2024.
The Trustees, staff and children of Kingsteignton School are looking to appoint a supportive, motivated and enthusiastic Headteacher who can build on our achievements and successes, and continue the development of our school into the future.
Kingsteignton School is a Stand alone academy in a thriving and growing town in South Devon. We were rated “good” by Ofsted in May 2019.
Our current headteacher was instrumental in establishing the school in 2016 and has led the school from initially a single class to a thriving school of 226 pupils. The school continues to grow and the building has capacity for 420 pupils. The headteacher has provided exceptional leadership over the past 7 years and will retire from headship at the end of this academic year, therefore we are looking for someone who:
- shares our vision and commitment for a collaborative, inclusive learning experience for all pupils,
- demonstrates outstanding leadership and teambuilding skills,
- builds confidence, fosters potential, inspires and celebrates achievement in both staff and pupils,
- have creative flair and vision to maximise the resources of the school,
- continue to promote the highest level of pastoral care for the whole school community,
- promotes our values-based Education so children take responsibility for themselves, their actions, are respectful and develop resilience,
- can continue to develop the school, including our emerging outdoor learning spaces,
- can support and foster the existing caring culture amongst all staff
We will support and encourage headteacher continuing professional development through leadership networks and expertise from our partners.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to online checks.
We would love to hear from you and show you our school. For an information pack and to arrange an informal visit please contact Hannah Smith, School Administrator on 01626 563888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week beginning 22nd January 2024Click here to see the Job Description