Required for a January, or earlier start, a suitably qualified and experienced Hairdresser Tutor who is able to teach and assess qualifications to at least Level 2.
We have an outstanding and modern Salon on-site and offer courses to our own pupils and those from other schools which lead to Entry Level, Level 1 and sometimes Level 2 courses. This would suit a qualified teacher who has knowledge of hairdressing, but equally this post could suit a qualified Hairdresser looking to move into a teaching role. We fully appreciate people qualified in hairdressing may feel they do not have the ability or experience to teach and therefore don’t consider applying. Whoever is appointed will receive training and support to enable them to be successful in this post
You will need to:
• Be a qualified Hairdresser or at least have good experience and be qualified to at least L2.
• Provide teaching, learning and assessment in both the classroom and the Salon
• With training and support, prepare schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans
• Provide on-going feedback to students by setting and marking work both relevant and appropriate to the course
• Manage and maintain the Salon and equipment and use the budget allocated purposefully.
• Be a good role model and encourage and foster good behaviour and a will to work.
As this is a part time role with the equivalent of approximately 3 to 4 days spread throughout the week the successful candidate is also able to use the Salon for their own customers when they are not needed to teach.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post
We recommend you visit our school, please call 01803 327902 to arrange an appointment
Please visit our website Combe Pafford School - Home for an application form and Job Description
Please return your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than noon on the closing date. We reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate applies.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportTeaching - SecondaryTeaching - Special & OtherYouth & CommunityOther
- Salary Details
TPS scale / Unqualified Tutor range £14 - £22 an hour dependent on experience / SEN 1 allowance of £2,270 per annum (pro rata)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeTerm Time
approximately 3 to 4 days spread over the working week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required