Fixed Term/Secondment (6 months min)
Location: Home based/Great Moor House, Exeter
Following the retirement of a member of our HR Senior Leadership Team, we are offering an opportunity to be at the forefront of development for some key areas within HR which impact substantially on DCC’s workforce.
Key areas include:
- Strategic Wellbeing lead – staff wellbeing has been a high priority for the HR Service and the Council in recent years, particularly in response to the impact of Covid on our staff, and as a result, a strong foundation is in place. There is an opportunity to build on this to ensure our workforce are supported effectively.
- Operational Wellbeing lead - linked to the wellbeing agenda, this role also is the lead for contract management in relation to both our Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programme providers, so we can ensure that the external providers who deliver fundamental elements of our wellbeing strategy are both effective and adding value.
- Policy development – keeping abreast of national policy & best practice developments; understanding the implications for DCC and implementing the required changes.
- Job Evaluation – the role leads in relation to development, implementation and management of JE within the Council – this includes responsibility for the GLPC Job Evaluation Scheme and Hay Pay & Reward Scheme.
- Management of ‘HR Direct’ – this team is the first line of support for customers into the HR Service, which includes all of DCC, as well as providing support to external contracts with Schools, Academies and other external customers – so customer service and quality of advice are a key priority for the team. There is a manager who is directly responsible for the day-to-day management of the team who reports into this role.
This opportunity provides a balance of leading on both policy and strategic matters, as well as maintaining an operational focus in delivering the support to other service areas within DCC through both Job Evaluation and HR Direct. As part of a well-established and supportive HR Services Leadership Team, you will have the opportunity to shape future development of the service and contribute to organisation wide initiatives.
Please ensure your supporting statement outlines how you feel your skills and experience meet the needs of the role. This is likely to be for a minimum 6 month period (Secondment or fixed term contract) to give us the opportunity to review the shape of the HR Service further. Our team is working in a hybrid model, with office attendance in Exeter depending on the business need.
Should you wish to have an informal chat about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Chakraborty, Head of HR (interim) on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a time to speak.
The closing date for applications is 5pm 7th July and interviews will be on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd July
This post is open to both internal secondments and external fixed term contracts or secondment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHR & RecruitmentManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£51,335 per annum, pro-rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.2 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required