Based at Morley Meadow, Plymstock, Plymouth (travel to school sites required)
Do you have significant practical experience of managing payroll and people-related data systems? If you are looking to develop your career in a supportive team environment and progress in a growing organisation, this role could provide the opportunity to take the next exciting step in your journey.
WeST is a complex schools trust that is maturing rapidly, and this post provides an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with students and staff at its heart, built on an extensive track record of excellence.
Our Trust consists of 27 schools (in both primary and secondary phases) and West Learning Institute (WLI). Our schools are in relatively close geographical proximity to one another, across south Devon, Plymouth and south-east Cornwall. We are positioned in the heart of the south-west peninsula, a stone’s throw from some of the most picturesque countryside and coastal locations in the UK.
The Trust is an exciting place to work, with lots of aspirational professionals – and other occupational benefits too which come as part of your employment through WeST:
• Regular CPD opportunities, as well as support to achieve CIPP qualifications through the apprenticeship Levy or other appropriate routes.
• A defined HR career structure.
• Generous contractual provisions around maternity, annual leave and sick pay.
• Membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, one of the most generous schemes in the UK, with high employer contributions through national provider Peninsula Pensions.
• Free eye tests and contributions towards VDU use glasses.
• The opportunity to buy a bike or the latest Tech through our Cycle and Tech schemes. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax efficiently from your salary through salary sacrifice.
• An Employee Assistance Programme to all of our employees.
• Free Parking on-site
• Access to community sports centre gym facilities (based in secondary schools)
What does the role involve?
The postholder will report to a HR Business Partner and will have the support of a HR Officer and HR Assistant.
The HR Data and Payroll Manager will deliver a professional and high-quality payroll and people data service for the Trust. Providing specialist advice and user support, overseeing the smooth running of the iTrent payroll system, managing systems development and producing people data and analytics.
In the role you will also support the continuous improvement of the HR Service through contribution to relevant policy and project work. You will be a strong team player with the ability to work on your own initiative and make judgements within the boundaries of the role.
Stakeholder management is key and there will be a high level of interaction with colleagues at all levels in the provision of support, advice and guidance.
We expect our team members to be committed to their own personal development and qualified to/working towards (or willing to work towards) the CIPP or equivalent professional qualification level appropriate to the post, or necessary for career progression to the next level. Support will be provided to enable this via apprenticeships or other appropriate routes.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS check is required for this post.
For an informal discussion regarding this role please contact Jocelyn Davis, Director of People, on mob. 07799730789 or Fiona MacLachlan-Morris, HR Business Partner, on mob: 07796119821.
If you believe you can demonstrate the dedication, knowledge and passion required, we look forward to receiving your application. Further details and an application form can be found on our website Westcountry Schools Trust - HR Data and Payroll Manager (westst.org.uk) or our TES page. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the closing date or via our TES page*.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Trust reserves the right to call suitable candidates for interview on receipt of applications prior to the date above, and may close the vacancy early if a successful appointment is made, otherwise we anticipate holding interviews on Friday 10th February 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHR & RecruitmentEducation SupportManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
Grade F Annual Salary: £31,099 - £34,723
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours a week, all year round (with some scope for flexible working)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required