Fundraising Events & Engagement Officer - DYS Space Ltd
- Full Time
- £22,000 - £26,000 FTE (depending on experience)
Location: Devon Wide
SPACE Youth Services are a youth work charity supporting Young People to learn, create and realise their potential. With 10 youth centres located across Devon and offering a wide range of other services such as LBGTQ+, SEND and targeted support for young people. We are an ambitious, passionate and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We really value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth for both staff and the young people we serve.
Do you want to help us unlock potential with young people and their communities? Do you love a challenge?
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Fundraising Events & Engagement Officer to join our dynamic and fun Fundraising & Marketing team. This is an exciting and varied role, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing fundraising events and engagement activities. As well as helping develop and execute fundraising initiatives such as donor relationship management, community outreach, and engagement strategies. The right candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as you will work closely with our youth centres to build strong relationships with the community and key stakeholders to promote engagement and support for the organisation.
What is the role?
● Supporting the Head of Fundraising and Marketing to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes a range of income streams, identifying and cultivating new donors and maintaining relationships with existing donors. This includes community and corporate partners
● Work with the local Youth Work managers to develop and implement local community fundraising plans which will include planning and delivering community events
● Build processes and systems for tracking fundraising activities, money, contacts, records and thanking supporters
● Manage and attend events when required. Working at times that are conducive to the community fundraising activities and participants - including evenings and weekends on occasion
Who we’re looking for
● Previous experience in fundraising and event management
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
● Strong organisational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Knowledge of fundraising best practices and techniques, and experience with donor management systems and processes
● Experience working with volunteers and coordinating their involvement in events and campaigns
● Some experience of Marketing and Communication best practice is desirable
● Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
● Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required on occasion
This is a hybrid role which will allow you to work flexibly from any of our centres or from home. You will be required to attend the head office based in Exeter for meetings as required.
Space is continually striving to be an inclusive organisation. Equality, diversity and inclusion are threads that run through all our work, and should run through all our relationships with colleagues, partners and all those we work with. We go beyond the approach described by the Equality Act 2010 and choose to take an anti-oppressive approach to our work and how we behave as an Organisation.
We encourage applications for this role from all backgrounds in respect of ethnicity, age, disability, gender, sexuality, religion and socio-economic background.
If you are passionate about fundraising and community engagement, and have the skills and experience required for this role, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer
● Annual leave: 5 weeks for the first 5 years then additional days depending on length of service (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
● Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
● Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
● Employee assistance programme 24/7
● Free on-site parking
● Casual dress code
● Flexible schedule
● Social occasions
● Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
● Enhanced sick pay
● Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
● Chromebook and work mobile
● Value-driven culture
How to apply
Please read the job description and apply with your CV and supporting statement, describing your passion for this role even if you don’t feel you meet every point in the description.
If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Katie Hawley on 07590639410 or for more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
● An identity check (photo ID)
● Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current
● Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
● A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via email to email@example.com or post to DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH
Interview Date: Wednesday 14th June 2023 (at Exeter Youth Centre, 100 Club, Exeter)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportCommunications, Marketing & PRYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£22,000 - £26,000 FTE (depending on experience)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required