We have an exciting role available in Fostering Devon supporting the recruitment and assessment of new foster carers. We are seeking a flexible and enthusiastic individual who has a desire to make a difference to Devon’s children and young people in need of foster care.
The role is to support the Fostering Service to increase the pool of Fostering Devon foster carers to support DCC’s Childrens services. You will have full responsibility to recruit and prepare prospective foster carers in their journey to become effective foster carers. You will be the first point of contact for members of the public who are interested in becoming foster carers with Fostering Devon. Additionally, you will assist the team with statutory checks, efficient and accurate maintenance of relevant databases and provide timely and relevant statistics and reports to the Fostering Service when required.
The successful applicant should be committed to providing a high consistent standard of customer service. As a customer facing role, it requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
This is an exciting time to join Fostering Devon, Devon County Council’s fostering service. We are an innovative, highly motivated service who work in a restorative and relational based manner throughout the different teams. You will be part of the busy Recruitment & Assessment Team, yet your role will greatly benefit the whole Fostering Service and Childrens Teams. #togetherwecan
You will have;
- an understanding of fostering
- effective interpersonal skills
- an ability to work in partnership with other professionals
- a positive professional attitude and approach to work
- be open to new ideas and suggestions and contribute your ideas
- high standards in customer service
In return you can expect from us;
- A supportive and rewarding environment, working as part of an inclusive team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of young people
- The promotion of a healthy work-life balance and flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including a hybrid working model
- A generous annual leave allowance
- Continued training and development opportunities to support your CPD
- Regular management support and supervision
If are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal chat please contact Claire Bennett 07989 462455
Interview Date: 06/02/2023