Internal Only (DCC Employees only)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer with detailed knowledge and experience of sustainable drainage practices. You must also have a high level of understanding of the legislation relating to Flood Risk Management and the Planning process, such as the Flood & Water Management Act and the National Planning Policy Framework.
Initially the post is to be advertised internally and if no suitable candidate is found then an external advert will be considered.
The successful applicant will work within the Flood & Coastal Risk Management team to lead on the delivery of our statutory consultation role for reviewing and commenting on major planning applications with surface water implications. You will be responsible for checking the detailed design of SuDS proposals in order to provide sound advice to the Local Planning Authorities. In doing so you will need to work closely with planning colleagues, developers and their consultants to encourage the installation of robust and maintainable SuDS.
The role will require you to line manage a Flood & Coastal Risk Officer who will support you in delivering this statutory responsibility. You will also be responsible for preparing, reviewing and updating guidance, best practice and policy in order to align with National standards and any legislation amendments.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Martin Hutchings – Flood & Coastal Risk Manager on 01392 381909 (or 383000)
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.