Would you like to work in a school that thinks outside the box and puts children at the centre of all we do?
White Rock Primary School is a successful and innovative school set within a community who are committed to supporting their children’s education and progress. Children are proud to attend their school and are eager to learn.
Due to the rapid expansion of the school’s commercial areas, we are now seeking an experienced Finance and Commercial Manager. This is a new role which supports the Headteacher and school Leadership Team in all matters relating to finance and commercial services.
Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- To advise to the Governors and Headteacher on all aspects of the financial policy and development of the long-term financial strategy
- Under the direction of the Headteacher, to be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the School and for the development of the individual revenue streams within the School.
- To maintain an overview of the financial position of the school’s independent income streams to enable development, reporting, analysis and forecasting.
- Design and implement effective and efficient Business Development plans for the Explorers Nursery, Breakfast & After School Club, Holiday Club, Catering and Lettings and overseeing the day-to-day administration of these services.
- To be responsible for the school’s Catering Service provision ensuring that the school meal service is delivered to the specification required.
- Run the day-to-day lettings provision using the school’s lettings software, ensuring timely responses to requests, arranging access and ensuring payments are received.
- To be responsible for pupil census returns for the DfE, LA & other central and local government agencies within statutory deadlines.
The successful candidate will ideally have an AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 4 qualification (or equivalent) with strong communication and organisational skills. Proven experience of strategic planning, budget monitoring and forecasting are essential as is the ability to work independently whilst demonstrating initiative. We are looking for someone who is motivated to succeed and keen to develop this pivotal role in managing the schools financial processing procedures.
You will be joining a friendly, caring and supportive team who work together to strive for the success of its children and staff at the school.
You are welcome to email any questions you may have about the role to Neil Crocker, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Please see further details and an application form below.
Applications should be returned to Clare Ingleby, Finance and HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
Grade H: £24,840 per annum (£29,174 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
35 hours per week, 41 weeks per annum (term time only + 2 weeks during school holidays )
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required